*Stars

Subscribe to RSS feed
Best viewed with Google Chrome.




Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life has been busy with school and NVAC matters. Luckily tutorials are going to start only after chinese new year. I still have a bit of time to get the tuts done before the new year. =P

As new year draws close, death rates in Singapore seems to have risen. Within 2 weeks, I have seen like 3 funerals in my neighbourhood (within range of about 2 blocks away from mine). Just this morning, my parents and I got a call to inform that one of my cousins' grandpa passed away. And guess what? My paternal grandma's death anniversary is just 2 days away from now, the 7th year now. In just 7 years, I've got 4 aunts' families who have lost their in-laws and another uncle passed on from heart attack.

Life is unpredictable. My paternal grandma passed away before I've got a chance to see her one last chance. I missed that chance to see her the night before she left. By the time I rushed to the hospital after my mum called to say that my grandma won't be able to make it, she had passed on. The same has happened on that grandpa again. I was told that the grandpa had asked to go home last night but was refused. And then he left them this morning. Sometimes I really wonder if the elderly really knew when their time is up.

I lost my chance to pamper and to love my grandma at the age of 14. I lost my dreams for her since then. Grandma has been a very courageous and capable woman that my family still talk about today. Most, if not all of us respect her. If I am who I am today, you would be able to see some traces of my grandma on me. I have inherited some of her character. And I am sure most of my cousins do as well. That's probably what she has left us before she go.

While one of my grandma has passed on, I'm still blessed with my maternal grandparents. Visiting them these days, I found myself not being able to recognise them without looking much at them anymore. Time has never slowed. But for me, I've immersed myself in the contradicts that the older generation has created to have caused all these time lost spent with my maternal grandparents.

It's time for some soul searching..




7:09 PM