Thursday, June 25, 2009
Yes! I am back from HK! By practicing social responsibility, I am now under self-quarantine. If I am still safe by Friday night, I am clear of the A/H1N1. ;) The trip had been fruitful. Have never regretted going there at all. =P
Stayed in the same old Hotel that I've stayed in during my last visit. Nothing has changed much there. Roads are still familiar, MTR as usual. Hand sanitizers are everywhere as a preventive measure to the flu bug. Occasional PA announcements telling others to avoid traveling/crowds when sick, to throw the dirty tissue papers carefully, etc. I seriously believe that HK is much more careful towards H1N1 as compared to Singapore. For a population of 7'mil, 300 is not a figure that big. Singapore appears to be the only country whom does not require any health declaration that I know of. Both Macau and HK require us to declare where we have been to, etc.
The leg room at the Jetstar is pathetic.. Yes, my first trip on a budget airline! It's ok for me though since I am small-sized. But look at the boy's space..

We concluded that we won't mind paying a bit more for a better flight, unless budget air is really that SUPER cheap at promotions! Else, it's always better to take the budget flight at night. Even newspapers cost money on board. =(
Both the boy and myself love traveling. We began with occasional quarrels when we first started traveling together. But at the 5th trip now, we have learnt a lot about each other's tempers and character. The boy is beginning to prepare himself with all the relevant info before we set off for the day. And the quarrels are avoided despite hiccups on our last day of travel (something which always happen).
We are looking forward to returning back to HK again! But our next trip will be to Japan. A place where the boy wanted to go so much (though I would love to join Luigi at Shanghai). In the meanwhile, it's back to saving and earning $$ again! ;)

P.s. It's so fun to have friends who are all over the different parts of the world. Luigi called me when I was in Macau. He thought I was in Shanghai. And since he is in Shanghai at that point of time, he wanted to hang out with me. LOL. If only I was there ya? =P Next time perhaps. I'll be back in Shanghai soon! ;)
Labels: hk, holiday, macau, self quarantine
4:01 PM