Saturday, January 23, 2010
Having started to appreciate forums, I have attended my first forum for the year 2010 yesterday. The topic was on Volunteerism as a way of life. It is interesting to see people at different stages of life, seeing volunteerism in a different manner. :) To cut long story short, I really enjoyed the panelist discussion.
Shanghai World Expo, part of the reason to why I am planning to visit Shanghai this year. The other half was because of the boyfriend. Having visited Beijing, I thought it will be nice to bring him to Shanghai. As two of the most developed cities in China, they have been very different in terms of culture and traditions, not forgetting the food that they eat too. Luckily for me, yesterday was a great day as I buy in. Now, I am waiting for the opportunity to sell out, probably in months! :)
While I was at the forum @ St Regis, the boyfriend has helped me to pick up a parcel that was couriered to his house.
In a properly packed box.
Tata! Apparently I have bought a spoilt HDD at the IT fair last year. Because of my laziness to go down Chai Chee to have it repaired, I have dragged it till now. My life had been difficult as the HDD connection was unstable. After a couple of troubleshooting, thinking that the cable was spoilt etc. we finally concluded that the HDD was a problem itself. Alright, engineering skills. LOL! In any way, the WD did provide me with an impressive customer service (even though they don't even have a customer service office) by having me send in, and having them couriered a brand new *I hope, since it is not opened yet* HDD for me! If they continue to provide such after sales service, my next HDD will still be a Western Digital.
Thumbs up! :)
11:06 AM