*Stars

Subscribe to RSS feed
Best viewed with Google Chrome.




Friday, January 08, 2010

Yes, I know that my last post is dated in Dec 2009 and it's now 2010! Had been busy with numerous activities inclusive of attendance to a training workshop for mentors-to-be in a programme that I have took part in. I had homework to do prior to every training day. Just a few hours ago, I just returned from Johor Bahru as well. It is becoming a routine for me to drop by JB to get some stuff before school reopens. The next trip will only come after my exams. :p Finally got a pair of new covered shoes to replace the spoilt one needed for my labs. It's cheap too! I got it only for RM 29. And Yes! I don't like to spend much $$ on buying shoes cuz I know how soon I will spoil them. LOL!



As the basic mentoring training come to a close tomorrow, I am beginning to see how much the programme is building me as a person. I admit that I am a judgmental person. Through the past two days' training, I have learnt to put off my coloured lens, and trying on others. By doing so, it does make me feel better and less stubborn. I used to wonder why people are not thinking/behaving the way I think they should. For the past few days, I am beginning to be more aware that we are all different. I am learning to respect the differences that we have *yes, I am slow*. That is probably one of my greatest take-away coming from the course. Above that, I have also came close to more exposure on youth work, thanks to my mentor-in-practice. I'm sure the next 6 months will be an enriching experience for me to know more about myself, and to self-manage. Most of all, I really hope to create positive changes in the youth that I may be put in charge, no matter how small it may seem to be. :) In a few more hours, I will be in my last session, thanking the trainers for all that they have done.

While I am prepared to not see any improvements in the youths that I am to mentor in the next six months, I know I won't give up either. It is a barrier that I need to overcome since 4 years ago. It is v important to me.

On a lighter note, Shuyu has flown off to Beijing for six months of internship. Unknowingly, many of my course friends are off for SEP too. The good thing is, Tyng Feng is finally back from Philly! Kudos to my big bro! :)



7:14 PM