This particular video has haunted me lately. It has received particular attention on Straits Times Forum and online comments with audience complaining about stereotyping and unacceptable behavior from the elderly parent. Looking at myself, despite being the eldest at home, my parents doted me the most. My mum always gets me food that I enjoy when she visits the NTUC *and I usually do the same for my siblings*. Dad always helped me to fix my pair of shoes when I wore them out *I'm not gentle with my footwear* no matter how tired he is. And now, because of the foreign workers stabbing case, my parents started fetching me to and from work because they think the environment I'm working in is not safe *though I don't quite feel anything*.
I may not have the best economic condition at home, not the best lady or man as an individual. But I can proudly say, I have the best parents and family. Nobody cares about me as much as they do. While I was upset about certain things, I know I always have my family and friends to count on.
Home is the best place on earth.
有些东西始终是多余的,何必让自己痛苦下去…
No matter what happens in the future, whether I marry or not, family is still important deep in my heart. I will continue to love and support my parents and siblings under all circumstances. Because I believe, that family is the basic building block of the society, and my life.