*Stars

Subscribe to RSS feed
Best viewed with Google Chrome.




Saturday, January 08, 2011


It may be the start of a new yr. I have to fulfill my parents' dream in 2009 that I have missed. Yes, I'm picking up Class 4 again. I. failed two times so far. Felt really sore then. Firstly, I didn't want and don't understand why I have to go through all these when I already have not enough time for myself. Besides, none of my cousins (females especially), are forced down their throat to go. Well, in a way, my parents say they didn't force me. But as their daughter, I know well what they are thinking. How would you react if your mum comes to you one day, saying that daddy is thinking of going for a minor operation that might make him incapable to work, and thus hoping that I could help take over? That's my dad's plan. And my mum really did say all those to me! Not that I am against Class 4 drivers or what. My boy wanted to take Class 4 with me at first, and he cleared all the driving licenses before I even passed my lorry license.

If you ask me why I wanna re-take this license while it's not going to make me any happier nor sadder, I have only an answer with two reasons. I don't deny that I am doing this for my dad. In fact, I AM. 101% sure of that. But I am a willing party. That's my responsibility as his daughter, and perhaps the most sincere act that I can give back to my parents for their time and effort in bringing me up. And I just found the second reason recently. I want to be reminded of my roots. I am not afraid to say that my parents are only O level graduates who can't read or converse in proper English (but daddy is definitely a pro in Chinese, all my grandma's children are). But so what? They still brought us up all the same with the heavy vehicle driving license of theirs. We might not have the best of the world, but we have a happy family. Mummy and sister's occasional grumbles are short-lived, and nobody really shows black face over family dinners.

So now, I am 3 more weeks to my test. Probably the final one. Have to sacrifice my Saturday mornings just so that I can make it to my FYP lab in time after the classes. I certainly hope that those instructors will not waste my precious time 'disappearing' when it's time for lessons. I won't be able to afford much of that anymore. I need to maximize my time!

With more lessons put in place, I really hope that I will pass it this time. At least I know daddy will be proud of me if I do. And he'll probably be even more proud of I agree to take over his biz while he recuperate from the surgery that he planned.

As I was spring cleaning the kitchen lately, I was reminded of a small new yr saga that happened at my house last yr. I know there are some relatives who look down on my family. Some treated us non-existent, others think that no matter how we do spring cleaning, our food and house is still considered 'dirty' to them. Sad isn't it? And those are supposedly close kins.



4:50 PM